08 February 2012

Letters from the background pt 6 What I did not know then, was that I did not know

I do not write about love as though I have found it, lost it, Or even felt it. Maybe in earlier years did I touch on the topic. Tread the unstable mystery of a heart reaching outwards. Even then,  perhaps it was not so much love, As it was naive dreams, or suspended ideals. Someone just like me, who reaches depths beyond my voice, sees past my skin, and into themselves. It was a mirror I was after, an ocean in it`s intrinsic color, mistaken for it`s surrounding colors.

Opposites attract, they say
Not from where I stood
Maybe for a while
Or maybe for a stretch
Past the threshold
But then back again
And so I gave myself
To the quiet pull
soundless, and natural
draw of solitude
As much as I value
And value, I do
The stories,laughter
Misunderstandings, and contradictions
I have found no better company
Than that of my own
I am still but a single speck
Marching, in a vast space
Stretching
In, and out of seeking
Never have I
To the best of my knowledge
Touched, or found you, outside
We are each a sound
a key, and part
In search of a place
In the quiet that is our own
Where our voice can resonate
And join the great song
Of the universe symphony
And if there was, or will be
Love, in the heart of gods among men
Perhaps they will lift their ears
And hear us once again.

Blog Archive