29 February 2012

Farewell

He who yields to the shadow of another
withheld by dull monotonous strings
And in absence of variety
the dreary humdrum sings

In a final unvarying draw
prosaic breath confined
and with the years like a dynasty
preserving my callow heart
against such follies
as the lifeless lowly wait
where I suffocate
And wear blue about the face
until a dream like an air of reason
rains sleek, and silky myth
glistening fish by the dozens
streaming down my wrists
to wash my hair, and hands
of the shades I dared to kiss
in the glassy rush of treason
cascading all I've missed
absorbed I rise but fumbling
where in the midst of dread
might the self choose suffering
to lastly make its bed
for what the eyes have seen
is not to save the bridge
that draws the line between
all the heart has bled
for I`d give it all away
you see I`d bite the hand that feeds
I`d send it all away
to save what trembles underneath

Blog Archive